To add a new product into your Clik Service database, click on the 'Products' module, then click on the 'New' button at the top left of the screen.
This article will walk you through what each field means when creating a new product.
- The 'Details' tab contains all the crucial information you need, such as the product code and description. You must fill in a unique 'Product Code' that has not been previously used to be able to save the product.
- Categories can be created in the general settings in Clik Service and attributed to a product. This will make it easier to search and collate items of a similar type.
- The 'Unit of Sale' (only on stock/non-stock products) allows you to determine how many items come per sale – i.e. if a product comes in a pack of 20 then this should be inserted here. The base/cost price will multiply on the value of this field.
- 'Package desc', 'Manuf. Ref' and 'Weight' are all optional fields that can be filled in to provide more information regarding the product.
- The barcode is automatically generated by the 13 digit code (EAN 13) inserted in the box below it.
- The 'Sell price' of a product can either be calculated from the base price plus any mark-up inserted in the field below or it can be a fixed selling price where the program will automatically calculate the mark-up based on both values being manually inserted.
- 'Currency' can be set as required. If a product is set to a different currency than the one the customer trades in, the price will be converted using the current exchange rates.
- The 'Commission' allows you to define how much an account manager can earn on the sale of a product.
- 'Average price/last cost' is calculated when a purchase order/invoice is raised. Purchase Invoice price will always overrule purchase order price.
- Tax codes can be set per product; this will be used unless the customer has an overriding product
- VAT code set on the financial tab of the customer’s details are in the CRM.
- 'Stock' will detail available stock, physical stock, waiting for despatch, allocation and total value.
- 'Physical Stock' is the total amount held; available are the number of items awaiting despatch/allocation.
- 'Stock Value' is the amount of physical stock at the current base price.
- Nominal codes/dept will allow you to configure the product for your accounts integration.
If you are using QuickBooks you must already have the product set up for both programs and they must have the same ID.