The goods inward window allows you to book in all received purchases from suppliers. This is crucial if you are planning on running a stock system. The goods inwards tab can be found in the purchases module in Clik Service.
- Go to purchases > goods inward.
- The first screen you'll see shows items that have been currently booked in.
- Click on the process goods inward button - highlighted below - to bring up a list of all purchase orders and associated items that haven’t yet been booked in.
- A new window will open with a list of all purchase orders down the left-hand side that is incomplete and still have items that require booking in.
- To process an item or an entire purchase order, first select the purchase order from the left-hand list. This will then load items outstanding on the right-hand side.
- The right-hand side of the screen is split in two, showing items outstanding at the top and items already received underneath.
- Insert the quantity you have received under the received today column and if it’s a stock item select the location you wish to book it into.
- You can add individual batch and serial numbers along with expiry dates under the corresponding columns at the end.
- If you want to split multiple quantities and put individual serial numbers in per item then highlight the item you wish to split and click on the split items button at the top.
- Once you are happy you’ve filled in all the details correctly, click on the process goods received button and the items will be booked into goods inwards.
- If the items are in stock then the quantities in the respective stock location will have incremented accordingly.
- If you have booked items in by error you can highlight them and click on clear received to take them back out of stock.
Available For Stock Allocation
This is the last tab on the Purchasing module screen.The available for stock allocation tab is selected in the purchases module in Clik Service.
If you have raised a purchase order against a job sheet, sales order or invoice, and not auto-allocated the stock to be processed through goods inwards, then it will show under the relevant sub-heading of this section.
- To allocate items from stock to a job sheet/sales order/invoice, highlight the item listed then click on the arrow next to the auto-allocate button.
- Here you can choose either to allocate the ones you’ve highlighted by clicking on selected or choose all the items awaiting allocation by clicking on all.