The my sales window is a comprehensive sales pipeline showing you the status of all sales enquiries raised where you, the user, are the account manager for the company.
It also shows you any call-backs and previous calls made, below the enquiry list. The graphs on the left-hand side are automatically generated by using the sales process part of an enquiry. Double-clicking on any of these graphs will bring up a larger version in a separate pop-up window.
To raise a sales enquiry...
- First, click on the new enquiry button at the top left of the window. This will raise a new enquiry and give it a unique number.
- Select the customer the enquiry is for. If the company is not in the database, you can click on the new button to the right of the company field and add them.
- Fill out the details of the sales enquiry, which is much the same as other parts of the system.
A crucial part of the sales enquiry and pipeline system is the sales process and you must configure these in the settings to be able to use this aspect of the module.
To set-up a sales process...
- Click on settings at the top of the program and select sales process from the left-hand list of settings.
- Click on the new button to raise a new sales process and give it a title.
- On the right-hand side, each stage of the process needs to be created.
- Click on add item to create each process and fill in the description.
With your sales processes created, when you raise an enquiry you can select it on the right-hand side of the enquiry and tick each stage. Each stage of the process will now equal a percentage of the overall sales process and this will be reflected on the front screen of my sales where the count and value of enquiries are illustrated with graphics.
The overall value of the enquiry is taken from any quotes raised from within the sales enquiry or from the products highlighted on the enquiry. You can choose which value is used in the settings which you can find by going to settings > incidents and changing the sales process value option.