If you are receiving a lot of access violation messages in your NICEIC software, it could be because the software has read only rights to the database and no modifying rights. You can fix this problem by editing the permissions. Learn how to set these up below.
- On your computer, select the Local Disk (C:).
- Open the folder program files or program files x86 (If both are present then select program files x86).
- Next find your NICEIC folder, right click on it and scroll down and select properties.
- When in your properties menu select the security tab and make sure that users are highlighted in the list.
- Then, to change permissions, click edit.
- In the new window, highlight users from the list again and make sure that the full control box is checked under allow.
- Once that's done you can click apply.
- Then select the add button, and a new window will open.
- Type everyone into the text box and click OK.
- Next, highlight everyone in the list, making sure that the full control box is checked, then click apply.
- Click OK to come out, then, click OK again and that’s it, you’re done. You can close the windows and go back into your NICEIC software.
Editing the permissions should stop you receiving access violation messages in your NICEIC software.