Within the products database you can link suppliers to each item. This allows you to speed up the process of raising purchase orders, as the system will automatically recommend the preferred supplier with the relevant supplier part reference and price.
- First, go to the products module and select the product you would like to set a supplier for by double clicking on it.
- Make sure the product is set to stock or non-stock under the item type.
- Select the suppliers tab and click on 'new'.
- Then select your chosen supplier and tick the preferred supplier box. This means that when you raise purchase orders from modules such as job sheets and sales orders, Clik Service will use this supplier unless otherwise changed.
- You can also fill in the default supplier part ref, supplier base price, supplier discount and unit of purchase.
- When finished, click save & close.
- You can choose how the supplier price is added to the purchase order by selecting settings > settings > purchasing.
- You can also choose to just add the supplier’s price, the product base price or the product base price and supplier’s discount.