It’s time to get you over to using Clik Service v4. The following is a quick check-list to make sure the transition from v3 to v4 is as seamless as possible.
1. Check the requirements for Clik Service v4 and performance across your network
The requirements for Clik Service v4 are a lot higher than for v3. We recommend checking the requirements with the techies at your office to make sure your computers can access Clik Service v4 before going live. Clik Service v4 is built using .net so all your computers will need .net extended installed on each of them.
2. Check the data conversion
We recommend checking the data thoroughly before going live and to run a test conversion. Occasionally we come across an odd anomaly in a database that might mean an element of data doesn’t get transferred, once you are happy all your data is being converted, you should create a new data conversion.
3. Are you using Clik Remote?
Clik Remote has been completely rebuilt. It will need to be configured once Clik Service has been set up. Clik’s support team will be happy to help you set up Clik Remote or we can email the setup instructions over for you.
Once setup we suggest testing Clik Remote on your devices along with the new features.
How to enable an engineer’s login for Clik Remote
4. Check your templates
The default template provided with Clik Service v4 has a similar layout to the v3 template, however, if you have ever had any bespoke templates created for in Clik v3 they will need to be converted to Clik Service v4. These templates will require checking once converted using the template conversion tool provided in the template designer as they may need some tweaking before they can be used.
5. Is your version of Sage supported in Clik Service v4
Clik Service v4 supports Sage Line 50 versions 16-20.
6. Are you ready to start using Clik Service v4?
Although Clik Service v4 contains the same core modules as v3, each one has had a complete refresh along with adding a number of new features. To help you find your way around Clik Service v4 we have put a number of helpful knowledge base articles together. There's even a handy search box for you to type in what you’re looking for.
Can’t find what you are looking for? You can raise your own support ticket with us.
Some articles you might find handy to get started…
- How to link Clik to Outlook
- How to link Clik with Sage
- Setting up staff and users permissions
- How to set up a backup
- How to create reports
- How to create an action list
- How to add user fields
8. What do you need to do on the day you go live
The data conversion can take between 2 and 12 hours depending on how big your database is, and the performance of your server.
Your default settings entered into Clik Service v3 won’t move over to Clik Service v4 so you will need to enter these again after the data conversion.
After going live we recommend checking the below sections first.
- Staff Permissions - Any logins setup as administrators in Clik Service v3 will need to be setup again in Clik Service v4. All other users will be put in the default user group so they may need to be tweaked.
- Backups - Auto backups will need setting up
- Templates - are stored in the database in Clik Service v4, so logos and any bespoke templates will need to be setup or imported
- Sage - The Sage link will need to be set up for users that post invoices to Sage
Hopefully, you'll be underway with Clik Service v4 now, but remember to call us if you need a hand with anything or want some advice on 0117 902 2012.