The CRM (Customer Relationship Management) allows you to manage your company’s interaction with customers, suppliers, and sales prospects. The CRM is the key area of Clik Service – most other aspects of the software will use company/contract/address details entered in the CRM. So, once you’ve created a new entry in your CRM database, there are some menu’s you’ll want to have a look at...
The details tab stores all the main address and contact details, while the sites tab will allow you to insert multiple addresses against this entry which you can then raise job sheets against.
- There are three information boxes below the address, where you can choose what you want to store in each entry by clicking the arrow to the right and then selecting telephone, fax, mobile, email or web page.
- The customer/supplier/other tick box allows you to specify the type of entry. We recommend using the other type for prospect customers. Once they place an initial order they can be changed to the customer. You can have entries that are any combination of the type options.
- On the right of the details, tab is the main and invoice contact details. You will need to enter the contact details in the contacts tab before being able to select data for these fields.
The notes tab lets you store information against the CRM entry. These notes are only visible in this tab and do not appear anywhere else in the software.
The activity tab gives you an overview of the CRM entry and anything raised against it such as quotes, job sheets, and purchase orders/invoices. What appears on the activity tab depends on whether the entry is a customer/supplier/other. In all of the tabs in this section, you can filter by date or view all. Double-clicking on any of the items displayed will launch the respective item. You can also raise a new and delete an item from this section by clicking on the New/Delete buttons respectively.
The contacts tab allows you to store an individual’s details within the CRM entry. Each contact entry can store important information such as address details, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
The contact tab allows you to flag the contact as an engineer (i.e. can be assigned to a job/project in the engineers’ schedule). You could use this for subcontractors.
- To create a new contract click on the new button within this tab and then fill out the relevant details.
- Selecting either main contact or invoice contact would then copy these detail onto the main details tab of the CRM entry.
- There is also a no longer employed tick box which is handy for keeping historical contact information.
The classifications section of the contacts screen allows you to store unique information for each contact. You can set up classifications in the settings and then apply them to contacts as required. If you have the engineer flag ticked, you will also be able to attribute rates to this contact.
Sites will show you a list of all the individual addresses stored under the main CRM entry.
The diary tab shows a diary with items specifically linked to that CRM entry. It works in the same way as the main diary found under the diary section at the top of the program, the diary stores everything related to that customer, such as:
- Call Backs
- General Diary Entries
- Contract Visits
- Engineer Jobs
You can choose which items to view by clicking on the diary items drop down at the top of the diary and ticking items to show as required.
The date navigator allows you to change the view of the diary. If you click on a specific date and drag your mouse you can choose to view anything from one day to a whole month.
This tab shows all calls logged against the CRM entry. To create a new communication entry you can click on the new button.
The documents tab allows you to link or store documents against the CRM entry e.g. a PDF. You can store documents directly in the database of Clik Service or link an entire folder.
To link or store a document or folder you can drag it from the folder it is currently saved in, to the document area of the CRM. You will be prompted to store the item in the database. If you click no it will save as a link, otherwise, it will be stored in Clik Service and can be deleted from its current folder location.
If you drag a folder into this area it will link to its current location. Folders cannot be stored in the database.
You can do any of these processes by also clicking on the new button at the top and selecting the desired option.
If you double click on a linked document or folder it will open in the external program.
Please note if you are linking items they ideally need to be stored in a network location. If you try and link a document that is stored on your PC, unless the folder is shared across the network then other users will find that the folder/file is not accessible.
To remove any items simply highlight and press the delete button.
NOTE: Please be aware if the item is stored in the database this won’t be retrievable once deleted.