Before setting up permissions and creating any users or staff, it is important to understand the difference between them and how they link together. They provide a complete management of all people accessing Clik Service; from office users and engineers, right through to customers accessing details via the optional Clik Remote module. So here is a brief explanation of each:
- Staff refers to employees of the company.
- Users are anyone who uses the software (both Clik Service & Remote)
- Permissions control what access each user has to the software.
Here we'll show you how to add and edit these users and what they can see and control.
Adding A New Staff Member
- To access the staff database, go to the top menu of the program and select settings > staff.
- To create a new staff entry click on the new button at the top right of the screen.
- Fill in the new staff members details. When creating a new entry you must include at least a first name and surname before you can save.
- The engineer tick box will add this member of staff to the engineers scheduling aspect of the program.
- Click save & close to add your changes to the database.
The login/privileges tab works in conjunction with the user access/privileges within the settings. Each member of staff will be created with login credentials and the privileges that they receive can be controlled from the staff database here.
You can specify if you want the member of staff to have a login by ticking the allow login box. If you do this they must also have a password set up. You cannot create a member of staff with login credentials that have a blank password. The system will not allow it.
- You can then apply a user group with pre-defined privileges or manually choose privileges by ticking allow/deny on each option row.
- Don't forget to click save & close to save your changes.
User Access & Privileges
User access and privileges allow you to set up individual permissions and group permissions. Group permission can save you time when adding your staff to Clik Service, as you can apply for a group permissions quickly to lots of members of staff.
- Find these settings by going to settings > settings > user access & privileges.
- By default, there are three groups set up – admin, user & viewer. You can create additional groups by clicking on the new group button at the top and then ticking off the permissions as required.
- Once you have set up a group you can click on the user's tab and assign the correct group.
- From here you can create new users. All people entered into the staff database will be assigned to a list by default.
- In the privileges tab, you can add or remove the user's specific privileges.