The equipment module helps keep information on anything that is either installed or maintained on your premises. This information can then be added to job sheets or contracts and can keep a log of the history for the equipment.
Creating New Equipment
- To create new equipment, select the relevant contact in the CRM module, then select the sites tab.
- Double click on the site you need, which will open the address details window.
- Select the equipment tab.
- Make sure you’re on the correct site, which you can see under the description menu on the left-hand side of the window.
- Then click new to create a new equipment entry and the below window will open. Here you can fill in the new piece of equipment's details.
- The more information filled in on the equipment item the more information that will carry over to the job sheet and ultimately the more information the engineer has at his disposal when working on the item.
New Equipment Options
- Warranty expire date includes a reminder option which will default to 30 days before the end but can be changed as required.
- The decommissioned tick box allows you to mark items that are no longer in use, whilst not having to delete them. They will not, by default, show in equipment lists when adding to job sheets and other modules within Clik Service. By decommissioning and not deleting all history is kept and can be viewed at any time. If deleted the history and links to job sheets will be lost.
- Make, model, serial no, and reference are all fixed fields. None of these have to be filled in by default but the more information added to the equipment item the more information is carried over to job sheets and planned work items.
- Below the standard fields is the classifications tab. This is where you can add additional fields to the equipment item.
- To add a classification click on the arrow next to the classifications button at the bottom left of the window and select new.
- If you have previously set up any classifications for equipment they will be listed on this screen already.
- If you need to add a new item you can click on edit. This will create and save a new classification which can be added to this equipment item and any additional items that you create from this point onwards.
The F-Gas details are part of the F-Gas module, which is covered in greater details in the F-Gas module support article here. The F-Gas module is designed for tracking the use of refrigerant cases added/removed to equipment items such as air conditioning units.
- To use this with equipment you must first tick the Is system box. Then you will be able to fill in the rest of the details.
- It is crucial that you insert the actual charge, otherwise, when adding an f-gas log entry on a job sheet, it could result in a negative actual charge figure.
There is an equipment notes tab. Any additional information can be inserted into this area and will carry across and print on job sheets and planned work items when the equipment item is added.