The mail merge wizard allows you to create multiple letters quickly and efficiently. You can use the mail merge to send letters to all customers or filter them by region, contract or equipment expiry date.
- To access the mail merge wizard click on tools at the top of the program and select mail merge wizard from the drop-down menu.
- The below window will appear.
- The first screen on the mail merge allows you to filter down who you want to include within the merge.
- You can choose different options to search by, from the company name, postcode, customer, supplier or any custom classifications you may have set-up.
- Once you've chosen your filter criteria, click search to apply the filter and reveal your results.
- Click next to progress to the next stage.
- On the second screen of the mail merge you have a menu with options on the left-hand side. These are:
- Mail Merge Into Existing Document – this allows you to use a template you have already created previously. Browse to where the file is stored, click OK and the merge will begin.
- Create New Mail Merge Document – this allows you to create a new mail merge template. This option will give you two choices - do mail merge using default Clik 4 template or edit default Clik 4 template. If you choose to use the default Clik 4 Template then it will ask you if you want to make a quick customisation. If you answer yes, then it will open an additional window allowing you to edit the standard template.
- Once you've made your changes, click OK to save them and you will be returned to the mail merge wizard setup window.
- Click next to start the merge.
If you choose the other option, edit default Clik 4 template, it will open a new Microsoft Word document.
- From here you can customise the look and content of the mail merge.
- You can add in additional fields, such as equipment or contract details by clicking on Insert Merge Field.
- When you are happy you have set-up the document as you want it, save it as a Word document.
- Back in the mail merge wizard window you now need to click on mail merge into existing document then select an existing template and browse to the saved word document.
Print Mail Merge List - prints a simple list of the addresses you have included in the mail merge and allows you to log within the communication history of each customer that you have sent a mail merge. This also gives you the ability to set a call back in the future.
Export CSV - will export all of the addresses included in the mail merge to a CSV file which can be viewed in Excel.
- You also have the option to change any CRM classifications that you have setup, against the selected mail merge addresses.
- To apply any changes you must click on the reset button for changes to take effect.
- When clicking next to activate the mail merge, you’ll see a summary of the actions carried out.
- To complete the mail merge click on next then finish on the following window.