Note: This article refers to NICEIC Cert Software V1 (2008-2018). If you are looking for the new (2019) guide, you can find a quick video tutorial here.
There is a backup and restore option within the software, which allows you to keep your certificates safe from harm.
- Under the file menu is a backup database option. This will close down the main NICEIC certification software and launch the backup utility.
- Click on backup database and a new window with three options will appear. You can choose to backup to default location, backup to other location or backup and e-mail the database automatically.
Backup To Default Location
This option lets you set up a regular backup location.
- You can specify this by first clicking on edit and then backup location.
- Click browse to set up your desired default location and then when using the backup to default location, this is where the backup will be placed.
Backup To Other Location
This option allows you to specify the location at the point of backing up.
- Click browse set up the location desired and click OK for the backup to begin.
Backup And E-mail The Database Automatically
Should you be asked to send your database over to NICEIC support, this third option can be used. But please only use this option when instructed to by the NICEIC support team.
- Once you've finished the backup procedure you can click return to NICEIC Certificates and the main application will then reload.
- To restore a backup, repeat the process but select restore database and you'll be given the choice to restore either the database of certificates or the entire database and settings.
NOTE: Should you require the database to then be restored please contact NICEIC support on 0871 594 1134 or firstname.lastname@example.org