The Clik Service to Clik Jobs sync is an important function that updates the app or desktop software with:
- Modified users and user privileges
- Edited jobs – including anything linked to the job
- It checks and synchronises the configuration screen including:
- Customers/ Address/ Equipment/ Contacts
- Downloads new job information from the server – including job links and images
- Synchronised the Clik Jobs audit (this is what tells you if the jobs been received or not)
- Processes notifications
As you can see, the sync between Clik Service and Clik Jobs does a lot of work. Because of how this works, the sync can take the same amount of time to upload 1 job as it does to upload 10.
The Clik Service sync function is also the same regardless of where you start it. Whether you click the 'Sync job' button from within a job sheet or click on 'Sync with cloud' from the queued jobs tab, the process is the same.
To help you sync jobs, Clik Service has an automatic sync schedule function that you can setup by going to Settings > Settings > Clik Jobs. Here you can specify when and how often a sync runs from Clik Service to Clik Jobs.
However, it’s not good to run a sync too often e.g every 5 minutes or for each newly raised job, as this can cause problems when your engineers in the field need to download their jobs.