Clik Gas for Android is an Android-based tablet application to support the Clik Gas desktop software. It provides the ability to create, modify and delete gas certificates on a tablet device and then upload them to the cloud for later use on the desktop software, or other tablet devices (such as the iPad and other compatible Android tablets). The software also allows the user to download certificates from the cloud which are linked to your Clik Gas account, to be modified and then re-uploaded from the tablet. Allowing certificates which are created on the desktop application to be downloaded and modified on your tablet.
The software also allows the user to download certificates from the cloud which are linked to your Clik Gas account, to be modified and then re-uploaded from the tablet. Allowing certificates which are created on the desktop application to be downloaded and modified on your tablet.
Alongside the Clik Gas desktop software, Clik Gas for Android will also provide the following:
- Synchronise your address book and associated data with the desktop software
- Synchronise your appliance library with the desktop software
- Synchronise a list of engineers with the desktop software
- Create/delete engineers on the tablet device
- Create new appliances on the tablet device
- Create a backup of the tablet’s database and upload it to the cloud
- Restore a backup of the tablet’s database from the cloud
- Open the Clik website/support site/Clik Facebook/Clik Twitter using the device’s default web browser
How to create certificates
- Open the application and swipe the screen one page to the right - or choose add new from the tab list at the top.
- Tap the type of certificate you’d like to create, which will open a new window - we used the Liquid Petroleum Landlord certificate for the purpose of this tutorial as there are a lot of options to practice on.
- Enter the appropriate details into the boxes provided on the form which opens - the buttons on the form allow the user to select addresses from their library which has been synced from the desktop software.
- The Map button pops a dialog containing a Google map which navigates to the address held in the address box to the right of the map button - or defaults to central London if no address is available.
- Swipe the screen one page to the right to change to page two or select Page 2 from the tab list at the top.
- Hit either new appliance or add from appliance library, you should see a form which allows you to fill in details about an appliance which is being inspected. After this is complete hit done and this will create a new appliance in the list.
- Click an item in the list and hit the delete button to delete it, or hold your finger on the item to edit it.
- Swipe to page three to finalise the certificate. Click the box with the word signature in it, which will open a pop up a dialog which allows you to draw your signature.
- Sign your name in either of the name fields and click the date box to select a date from the provided date-picker dialog box.
- Once each of these stages has been completed the certificate is finished. So select the save button from the top right corner of the screen, and hit the back button at the bottom of the tablet to leave the certificate
How to delete a certificate
- On the main menu of the application, swipe as far to the left as you can to the certificate list tab.
- Either use the search function, or simply scroll to the certificate you wish to delete.
- Click and hold the certificate to be deleted, and choose yes from the confirmation dialog which appears.
- The certificate is now deleted.
How to modify a certificate
- Scroll to the certificate list tab, and click on a certificate to open it for editing.
- You’ll be presented with the same form as when you first created the certificate except the details will already be filled in for you.
- The process for saving a modified certificate is the same as when you created it originally, just modify it as much as you want then hit the save button in the top right-hand corner.
How to download certificates
- Ensure you’re logged in - to do this scroll to the settings page on the main menu, and select login.
- Scroll to the download tab and hit the refresh icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen or hit the download icon in the center of the screen if it’s visible.
- Wait a few seconds for the available certificate details to be retrieved.
- When the list appears, click a certificate and hit yes in the dialog which appears to download it.
- Wait a few seconds for the certificate to download, then scroll as far to the left as you can to the certificate list tab, the certificate should now be on this list.
How to upload a certificate
- Create or modify a certificate as per the previous instructions. This sets a flag to let the software know that it’s ready to be uploaded.
- Scroll to the upload tab on the main menu.
- Click on the item to be uploaded and confirm that you wish to upload it (incidentally, certificates can also be deleted on this screen by long-clicking on them).
- If the action is successful then the certificate will disappear from the list and will be uploaded.
- You can test the success of the upload by navigating to the download tab and refreshing the list.
- The uploaded certificate should now be available to download.
How to delete all certs off your device
- Scroll to the settings tab and select the advanced settings button then select delete all certificates from the dialog which will appear.
- Enter your password into the box provided to confirm that you wish to delete all certificates, then hit OK.
- All certificates and associated data will now be removed from the device
How to add an engineer
- Scroll to the settings tab and select the company/engineer button.
- At the bottom of the presented form will be a section which allows you to fill in details about an engineer that you wish to add to the database. Alternatively, if there are already engineers existing on the device you can click on them in the list on the right-hand side of the screen to modify them.
- When you have finished entering details on the form hit the save button to add the engineer to the database.
How to synchronise data from the desktop to the tablet
- Navigate to the settings page, and hit synchronise everything.
- This process will now sync the following data from the desktop software to the tablet.
How to back up the device’s database
- Scroll to the settings page and hit the advanced settings button, then select the backup database option from the dialog box which will open.
- Confirm the action by pressing OK.
- A copy of the device’s database will now be uploaded to the cloud to retrieve later.
How to restore the device’s database
- Scroll to the settings page.
- Hit the advanced settings button, then select the restore database option from the dialog box which will appear.
- Confirm the action by pressing OK.
- The contents of the device’s database will be deleted and replaced with the contents of a previously created backup. This can be tested by creating some certificates, performing a backup, deleting all the certificates and performing a restore operation.
That's it for your quick guide to Clik Gas for Android. If you have any other technical queries then give one of our tech ninjas a call on 0117 902 2012 and they'll be happy to give you a hand.